Controller ports on Famicom module?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gardener
    Gardener
    16-bit

What kind of controller ports would a Famicom module have?

I remember it being the same ports on the famicom itself, to use native famicom controllers.

Profile photo of yamigata
    yamigata
    16-bit

I remember it being the same ports on the famicom itself, to use native famicom controllers.

So eh… what do Famicom controller ports look like? ūüėČ

Gardener
    16-bit

The controllers on the Famicom were hard wired into the system, no ports.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by .
    Profile photo of BAXY Square
    BAXY Square
    16-bit

@gardener You’re right that the original Famicom had hardwired ports, but it also had a 15-pin expansion port on the front for accessories such as the light gun.¬† The A/V Famicom had NES-style connectors¬†on the front and the¬†15-pin expansion port on the side.

I’m holding out hope that the final EM01 NES module will actually add a Famicom slot to the board.¬† I’m also hoping that, like the AVS and Analogue NT and NT Mini, that the module will have 4 NES controller ports and a¬†15-pin expansion port.¬† I’m guessing that would add cost to the module, but it would make it more appealing to a worldwide audience.

Gardener
    16-bit

I would love it if the NES module had a Famicom slot and four controller ports (or at least was compatible with the NES Four Score).  The idea of switching out modules to play Famicom games or continue using adapter carts is not very appealing.

Profile photo of J Gall
    J Gall
    16-bit

I believe they have said the Famicom module will be separate from the NES module and not in the first batch.

Profile photo of BAXY Square
    BAXY Square
    16-bit

@wntermute¬†Good to know.¬† I’m still holding out hope, even though I know it’s a long shot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.