E3 news

This topic contains 45 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Osborne
    Mark Osborne
    16-bit

Hi I was wondering are all our questions going to be answered this week, price, release date, bundles , shipping and any new systems that may be added (Saturn and Dreamcast please). Everxdrive support, save states, scanlines, as you can imagine this console is the thing I am most excited for at E3, I couldn’t care less for a PS5 , polymega is the console I wanted when I was 13 in 1989

Profile photo of BAXY Square
    BAXY Square
    16-bit
    Mark Osborne
    16-bit

$250 is still vague what does you get a base only or a base and a module

Profile photo of Ben Funk
    Ben Funk
    16-bit

The FAQ says the base unit comes with your choice of one module for “less than” the price of a Switch. So I take that to mean $250 for the base unit and a module.

This thing gets pretty pricey pretty quickly if you want all the bells and whistles. $60 per module for 3 modules + $250 for 1 module and the base is like $430.

But then I’m reminded that I paid that much for a PC Engine Core Grafx and Super SD System 3 and I think it’s not so bad. Not to mention what I spent on my OSSC and all the fancy RGB SCART cables.

So I’ll remain cautious and pessimistic, but color me interested. I also absolutely do not want under any circumstances to be forced into using any kind of online anything. I hate it with my PS4 and I hate it with my PS3. I want to play offline. I don’t want friends. I don’t want Facebook. Everything needs to be optional.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by . Reason: vague complaining and screaming at the sky
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by .
    Ben Funk
    16-bit

Where’d my post go? :-/

Profile photo of BAXY Square
    BAXY Square
    16-bit

The system appears to be malfunctioning.  My last post would not appear either.

Ben Funk
    16-bit

phpBB is free and easy to use, maybe they should consider it. 😆 The problem seems to be multi-paragraph posts or something. THIS shows up, but my concerns about online requirements and my rationalizing the cost in my head don’t.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by .

I like it. The polymega is basically a way for developers to get their share from the used games market.

Ben Funk
    16-bit

Get what share? That’s not great logic. Devs sold their games, and they can sell digital copies. Those are their “share”

There’s going to be a digital game store, if you look closely at their e3 poster. Like it or not developers want their “share” from the used games market. The polymega is their way to do that, albeit however marginally.

Ben Funk
    16-bit

Those are new digital licenses, not used games.

You need to think abstractly.

I could buy a copy of Magical Chase on ebay for $600, of which the original developer gets nothing.

Or I can get a license of the game from the digital store the polymega will have, whereupon the same developer receives a small cut.

Thence their share of the used game market.

Mark Osborne
    16-bit

I read the FAQ more times than enough and still missed about the unit will come with one module, thanks for pointing that out, I guess you are looking at around £400 for all the modules including shipping to the UK then, ah well glad I started saving a while ago for this

Profile photo of Craig
    Craig
    16-bit

It’s going to be hard to decide which module to go with first.  No way I could afford them all at once

Mark Osborne
    16-bit

Maybe they will do a special deal if you buy tbuy them all at once

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.