Everdrive Compatibility

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by 19 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MetaTristan
    MetaTristan
    16-bit

I’m kind of wondering if the everdrive flashcarts will work on the polymega or is the console going to reject them? Please let me know

Profile photo of doppelganger
    doppelganger
    16-bit

As with your Saturn question, please have a look at the FAQ section.  I have a million questions too. Hopefully many will be answered during E3.

Profile photo of Craig
    Craig
    16-bit

They have stated that Everdrives do work, but you cannot backup games using one.

Profile photo of Matt Manous
    Matt Manous
    16-bit

Will the Polymega allow both 32X games and Master System games to run off a Mega Everdrive? I believe the Mega Everdrive detects whether a 32X is present and shuts down Master System functionality if it sees one.

Profile photo of Mark Osborne
    Mark Osborne
    16-bit

That’s a good question right there, I would like to know

Profile photo of Luke
    Luke
    16-bit

Wouldn’t a 32X need that video cable that runs between the 32x and the Genesis?

Profile photo of Matt Manous
    Matt Manous
    16-bit

The Polymega Genesis module does not need the 32X addon to play 32X games as far as I know. Kind of like the fabled Sega Neptune in the that respect.

Profile photo of Ben Costas
    Ben Costas
    16-bit

I am willing to bet my entire game collection that the everdrive will not work. The most recent NintendoLife article said that they couldn’t run Star Fox because they had no support for SuperFX chip which would be the entire basis of their purported “Hybrid Emulation”. This is nothing more than an android based Retron 5 in fancy clothing. The FPGA they are bragging about simply does ROM dumping.

Don’t get the wool pulled over your eyes just because the shell looks pretty.

And then you have the other problems like mediocre CD game performance and overheating.

Don’t say I never warned you.

Profile photo of J Gall
    J Gall
    16-bit

Should I send you an address to send those games, Ben?

From the FAQ: ( http://polymega.com/frequently-asked-questions/ )

WILL EVERDRIVES, GAME GENIES AND MULTI-GAME CARTS WORK WITH POLYMEGA™?
    Yes, since Hybrid Emulation works like the original console, you will be able to use any games and peripherals that work on a real classic console. However, you will not be able to individually install games loaded on to Everdrive or similar devices to the POLYMEGA™ user interface. Please note that games that require light-gun input are not currently supported by POLYMEGA™.

Ben has the mind of a sun baked tortilla and thinks his psueodo-intellectual rants not unlike those of his circle-jerking brothers at Atari Age rubbing peanut butter and vasoline on each other are valid arguments.

Profile photo of Mark Osborne
    Mark Osborne
    16-bit

I wonder will there be save states using everdrives, .That would be awesome as on my mega everdrive x7 save states work on some games and not on others and it can distort the music

Profile photo of Luke
    Luke
    16-bit

I’m mainly interested in this for the Genesis and TG16 support, and I’ll be using Everdrives for both. So I hope they both function in the same manner as the Super Nt does for SNES. Straight real time FPGA functionality for carts/Everdrives. Hopefully when they showcase the final product we can see more about how the system handles Everdrives.

Profile photo of Craig
    Craig
    16-bit

They have mentioned multiple times that Everdrives will work with the specidic modules, but the additional system functionality like backing up games will not.

I am curious if 32X functionality will work with the Mega Everdrive.  I have the Mega X5 and would like to be able to use it for Genesis and 32X games.

• This reply was modified 19 hours, 14 minutes ago by .
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.