Famicom Disk System

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by 4 hours, 1 minute ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Henrik
    Henrik
    16-bit

The FDS is about the coolest thing ever, so I hope that there will be a module for/with it.

Profile photo of Scott Bloom
    Scott Bloom
    16-bit

I’m sure there will be post-launch.

Profile photo of Joe Clark
    Joe Clark
    16-bit

If the famicom to nes adapter works on the nes module, wouldn’t that work? I’ve never tried mine on my NES because you’d need to take the nes apart and the ram cartridge still might be too big.

Scott Bloom
    16-bit

@shienarier is talking about the disk adapter for the Famicom, not the cartridge part. Could be a future USB adapter.

Profile photo of Joe Clark
    Joe Clark
    16-bit

Im confused then. The disk system connects to the famicom via a ram cartridge that is inserted into the the famicom cartridge slot. If you use the famicom to nes cartridge adapter, wouldn’t the famicom disk system work on the nes module using the famicom to nes cartridge adapter?

Are you suggesting that the ram cartridge for the famicom disk system be replaced with a usb cable? Or are you saying eliminate the entire disk system for a usb floppy drive that fits a disk system floppy?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by .
    Scott Bloom
    16-bit

After looking at the image again, I thought it connected via a bus like the Game Boy Player or 64DD. It could possibly be an adapter for the cartridge slot, but it might be cheaper to make it a USB adapter. I don’t know for sure. If I was designing it, I may go with a USB adapter.

Scratch that thought. After looking at the length of the system and module, it could be designed as a simple cartridge adapter.

Profile photo of Henrik
    Henrik
    16-bit

I’ve now found this:

http://polymega.com/forums/topic/post-launch-modules-long-post/#post-14142

Nintendo Famicom (3) – Post-launch module announced with Famicom Disk System support.

So it seems like I’ll be fine 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.