This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by 3 weeks ago.
2018-06-26 at 3:47 PM #33301
I never had a TurboGrafx-16, and know very little about the games on it. Does anyone have any personal recommendations for TG16 and TG16 CD, particularly games that aren’t insanely expensive to get?
If it helps, I’m a fan of games like Super Mario Bros./World, Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Kirby, Adventure Island, Bomberman, puzzle games.2018-06-26 at 3:58 PM #33302
I am a die hard TurboGrafx/PC Engine collector and dare I say fanboy…. Here are some good ones. I’m leaving out the games like R-Type which you can play on other systems.
* Bonk’s Adventure (a bit like mario)
* Bonk’s Revenge (same)
* Blazing Lazers (great shootemup)
* Ninja Spirit (ninja gaiden like)
* Legendary Axe (fun platformer with axe play)
* Splatterhouse (another fun platformer/beatemup)
* Neutopia (Basically Zelda for Turbografx)
* Neutopia 2 (great sequel. graphics are better but some people still like the first one better.)
* Valis 2 (nice platformer)
* Exile (nice JRPG)
* Lords of Thunder (awesome but brutal side shooter)
* Ys 1 & 2 (awesome JRPG)
* Dynastic Hero ( nice side scrolling action RPG. )
* Rondo of Blood ( the definitive Castlevania game. a MUST play.)2018-06-26 at 6:24 PM #33322
Cratermaze and Double Dungeons were another couple games I played all the time when I was a kid.2018-06-26 at 8:06 PM #33340
I’m an RPG guy, so here’s my list:
SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive:
Phantasy Star II, III and IV
Shining Force II
Shining in the Darkness
Final Fantasy I, II and III
Final Fantasy IV, V and VI
Illusion of Gaia/Illusion of Time
Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (Just started playing that one)
That’s just what I thought of right now.2018-06-27 at 9:33 AM #33398
Dungeon Explorer 22018-06-27 at 10:12 AM #33403
The ntsc-u Turbo Grafx was not as good here as it’s original nature the Pc Engine where games were not chopped up for their bad us ports. But here is a few more,Bloody Wolf (U) Last Alert (cd) (U) Rayxanber 1 & 2 (cd) (J) Daisenpu custom (cd) (J) Dragon Slayer (cd) (U) (all these soldier games are part of the star soldier universe) Super star soldier (sequel) to blazing lazers) (U) Final soldier (U) Soldier Blade (U) etc etc the list goes on. And rondo of blood is good but way overatted and not the definitive castlevania at all,that honor falls on the sharp x68000 akujamo dracula (Castlevania) which was ported to ps1 here as castlevania chronicles of which i have a play on both machines.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.