Gameboy/Color/Advance Module?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I know that we can use the Super Gameboy to play (but not backup) original GB games on Polymega, but GBC-only and GBA games still have no real option for the Polymega.

Is a combined module for these 3 handhelds something we should expect in the future?  Or would the GBA be separated from the GB/GBC?

Additionally, should we expect handheld system modules in general, for things like the Gamegear and Neo Geo Pocket Color?  Or is the focus just on home consoles?

Profile photo of Joe Clark
    Joe Clark
    16-bit

I believe they stated you can only play them on the Super NES module with the Super Gameboy.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by .
    Profile photo of Joe Clark
    Joe Clark
    16-bit

It would be nice if someone made a Gameboy advance player for Super NES or something like it, that would play gameboy as well.

There is a GBA adapter for the Super Nintendo from Retro Bit

That’s not a real adapter, it just uses the SNES controllers and power supply.  It has a separate video out, and it’s emulation quality is questionable at best.

There’s a few adapters like that, and they’re all very low quality, misleading products.

Unfortunately that’s the best you’re gonna get

Uh yeah that’s why I was asking if the Polymega might get modules to support handheld systems, there’s no good, premium, quality options for those cartridges right now.

Profile photo of J Gall
    J Gall
    16-bit

I would love a module for these as well.

In the meantime, you can always hunt down a GameCube and GameBoy Advance Player addon for it.

The Retron5 also plays Gameboy through Gameboy Advance and while it is emulation, the results are a lot better than most save for a couple of compatibility issues (I have 2 Games so far that do not work)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.