NES/FAMICOM compatibility

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have read that the NES module is not compatible with FAMICON. Why? Will there be a firmware update to use the japanese cart? Or we need to buy a different module?
    Thanks.

Profile photo of Scott Bloom
    Scott Bloom
    16-bit

The cart sizes for the Famicom and NES are different, so they require either a separate module, or an adapter.

Profile photo of 7thkey
    7thkey
    16-bit

Where did you read this? I read that all adapters that worked on old systems will work on the modules.  The famicom to NES adapter is like 10 bucks or less last I checked.   I have used one in conjunction with a NES to SNES to play famicom games. The only thing I’m worried about are if translation patches will work.

Profile photo of Scott Bloom
    Scott Bloom
    16-bit

I did say that it would need an adapter. For translation patches, they said yes.

Profile photo of J Gall
    J Gall
    16-bit

The NES module is not compatible with Famicom games since the cartridge edge connector and controller ports are completely different from the North American and European versions. We have announced that after launch we will release a dedicated Japanese Famicom module.

From the FAQ. http://polymega.com/frequently-asked-questions/

There were also controller differences and an additional accessory port.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.