Select Page

Please allow Rom/Iso dump

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gazmeister
    Gazmeister
    16-bit

Although you stated that ROM’s can be dumped from original cartridges (what about ISO’s btw?), I won’t buy it if I can’t dump ‘other’ roms on there.

I respect and I understand that you do this because of your respect for the og developers but let’s be honest – these are ancient systems and people will want this feature regardless. If (lack of) local storage is an issue (in terms of keeping cost down) – then I would honestly suggest to reconcider the design or allow for an (empty) SSD bay for example. Storage is cheap nowadays and a base amount of just a couple of hundred megs would suffice for most modules.

Do you prefer the community hacking your system so that this feature becomes available of will you listen to your target audience? Because that will be the first thing that the majority of buyers/user will want to do; a simple way to add rom’s /iso’s to the PMega so they can then enjoy them. I won’t buy a system that will only allow me to play 5 games that I bought 30 years ago…

Profile photo of Gazmeister
    Gazmeister
    16-bit

The FAQ officially states:  “WILL I BE ABLE TO DUMP MY ROMS ON POLYMEGA™ AND PLAY THEM?
    While the direct importing of ROMs will not be supported, you can bet we want to find alternative, legal ways to bring classic gaming into your living room and respect the copyrights of publishers. In the interest of preservation and reducing wear and tear on your classic games, POLYMEGA™ does allow you to backup cartridge and disc games you own from your personal collection via the console itself. You can play them without having to insert the games or matching module once installed.”

Profile photo of POLYMEGA
    POLYMEGA
    Admin

Installing CD games to the system works just like backing up cartridge games. As for the direct loading of ROMs and ISOs from other non-game media, it is not supported (as stated in the FAQ). It’s not about the size of the storage since Polymega supports large-format 500GB SD cards, and there are larger SD cards on the way from manufacturers, it in fact is a simple matter of legal liability and is not open to debate. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Please allow Rom/Iso dump’ is closed to new replies.