Pre-order precedence for members

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe Clark
    Joe Clark
    16-bit

I’ve been bothered as of late, by the actions of scalpers when it comes to pre-orders. They use bots and all sorts of ways to obtain more than 1 per household.

Will you offer members a special pre-order link or some sort of priority over non members, to give us the chance of getting a pre-order in before they are all taken up?

I really want one of these consoles but I am not going to buy one if they are all rounded up by scalpers. Gamers such as myself want this product so we can take our games and enjoy them on a higher level and without wear and tear on our greatly aging consoles. I honestly want to play my old games on my 4k TV with the scan lines, which is something my NEO GEO or PC Engine Duo-R or most of my consoles for that matter, cannot do because those systems will not display on my 4k TV because the TV will not recognize resolutions under 480i.

Perhaps you can understand my concern when it comes to having the opportunity to ensure a pre-order spot.

I doubt that this will even appear on scalpers radar. The rumored price tag, the need of owning the physical media, multiple modules, etc. are not enticing to try and flip for a higher price. This console is targeting a niche market.

What made the NES Classic and SNES Classic such scalper item was low cost, decent library included, and the fact it was a Nintendo product everyone knew about and wanted.

I agree with Michael.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by .
    Profile photo of Matt Manous
    Matt Manous
    16-bit

I believe the point of the pre-order campaign is to gauge interest for the initial manufacturing run. If you pre-order, you should get one.

Joe Clark
    16-bit

What you are saying is, they have no set number to be released and will just make the amount that is pre-ordered? Can Polymega please confirm this?

When the advertising campaign kicks off, the interest base, it’s going to be totally different. That is where my fears of scalpers will come in to the picture.

Profile photo of POLYMEGA
    POLYMEGA
    Admin

While we can’t entirely predict the actions of others before they happen, we can say that we anticipate to have, at minimum, enough units manufactured to cover pre-orders and distribution arrangements to retail worldwide. The people most at risk of not getting a Polymega are those who miss the pre-order, then attempt to buy the system, modules, and other accessories through retail or secondary markets like eBay where scalpers thrive.

Joe Clark
    16-bit

I guess my ultimate question is, will you have a set number of pre-orders or a limit of available units for pre-order? meaning, is it possible to run out of pre-orders like Nintendo does (within minutes) when the pre-orders go live?

Will you be sending out emails to us containing a date when the pre-orders are scheduled to go live (when you know of such a date)? so we can mark it on our calendar kind of thing, an advance notification so we can get our pre-orders in when they go live.

Thanks for responding, it’s much appreciated 🙂

Profile photo of JR Carclay
    JR Carclay
    16-bit

i would love too know a pre order date so i can start putting money aside for the console and modules so i get hopefully the console and all four modules on launch day.

Profile photo of POLYMEGA
    POLYMEGA
    Admin

Despite being funded, we aren’t in the capital situation to front load the costs of manufacturing and distribution without the pre-orders; so in that regard it won’t be like Nintendo’s consoles where, say, we’ll try a run of 20,000-50,000 units… and depending on those sales then we’ll decide whether to make more or not. Polymega is 100% our core business so you can believe that if someone wants to buy one, and we have the means of getting it to them – we’ll do so. If there’s continued demand after it hits retail – that’s around the time it might be a little difficult to get one as we are handling lead times from various players in our supply chain. However, we’ve taken some precautions with our parts distributors to ensure the impact of a situation like this is mitigated.

Anyone who is paying attention to this project at all will absolutely be aware of when the pre-order campaign starts. Not just via an email or social post. You will see a large ramp up over the course of a month or so, providing every possible insight you could want to know through all available channels and a large campaign page here on polymega.com detailing all information and items you can pre-order.

Profile photo of JR Carclay
    JR Carclay
    16-bit

ok well that sums it up greatly 🙂 thank you for ensuring if we want one you will get one too us. you guys are doing a great job and i am hoping this will be the retro console i have always dreamed of,thanks for your team’s hard work on doing all you can do to make this a reality.

Joe Clark
    16-bit

That’s great news, thank you for the response.

I think it’s safe to say, we are all excited for polymega and cannot wait to see the polymega to make its debut!

Profile photo of Craig
    Craig
    16-bit

I am already ready to pre-order the system and TG-16 module today.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.