Quality?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You mention that this will have hybrid emulation? Alright what will this system offer me that a rom/emulator wont? A physical cartridge is not better than a rom when it comes to emulators. We have several systems that rip the roms from carts and emulate them. (they are garbage) then we have systems like super NT which simulate the SNES (Great system BTW) What are you offering that the other emulation systems are not? So far it sounds like a Retron 5 that has the cartridge slots sold separately. Alright you offer CD bases systems. Those emulators have been around for a awhile! Am I wrong? You claim to be quiet due to people copying your idea?? Back up your product or STFU. Seriously you are not doing ANYTHING that hasn’t already been done. Except for selling a Retron 5 with separate parts. If I am wrong correct me!

Profile photo of telletran1
    telletran1
    16-bit

I wrote this last night, but it didn’t seem to post, so I’ll try again…

Seriously? WTF is wrong with you? How has Polymega’s communication strategy done anything to effect your ability to purchase a competing product? They haven’t taken your (or anyone’s) money yet, so why are you so hostile? I’ve owned a Retron5 and was looking to purchase Retro Freak. When I saw what Polymega was building, it fit exactly what I was looking for in a retro experience. If its not for you, great. There are a lot of other solutions available, some may serve you better. But there is no reason to post here and act like Polymega has taken your money and delivered something completely different than promised.

I don’t post here very often, but I check the forums a few times a week hoping for some news. In the time I’ve been around, everyone has asked thoughtful questions and given respectful responses. Your post, (that you tagged ‘scam’) doesn’t add anything to the conversation. You have some valid questions (e.g., What are you offering that other competing solutions do not?). Maybe, if you came at this with some politeness and not as entitled, the forum members or Polymega would respond.

Profile photo of yamigata
    yamigata
    16-bit

A physical cartridge is not better than a rom when it comes to emulators

Not always true. Sometimes a game will only run properly on actual hardware.

What are you offering that the other emulation systems are not?

One console with interchangeable modules to cover a wide range of systems, both cartridge-based and disc-based. I think I also read that it will support apps such as Twitch, etc. So far the only machine that has done this is a PC, which is not considered a “home console.”

So far it sounds like a Retron 5 that has the cartridge slots sold separately.

So that you don’t have to pay extra money for the ones you don’t want or wouldn’t use.

Alright you offer CD bases systems. Those emulators have been around for a awhile!

And some still don’t always work properly. Hopefully this will since it doesn’t rely entirely on emulation.

You claim to be quiet due to people copying your idea?? Back up your product or STFU.

Unnecessarily rude, but you said exactly what they have done. They have posted some details including video of the device in use, and then they got quiet. Or, in your words: they backed up their product, and then they STFU.

She’s hostile because she doesn’t actually care about the product. The only point of her existence is to troll.

Profile photo of POLYMEGA
    POLYMEGA
    Admin

To put it simply, the entire reason for the existence of hybrid emulation is to achieve 100% game compatibility, with modern emulation features (save states), and 5th generation system support (32-bit era and beyond), in one box. No practical pure FPGA implementation, ROM-dumping emulation box, or PC / hacker board emulation rig could achieve this, which is why we’ve invented it. The benefits of this tech should be obvious to anyone who plays and collects classic games — some of which are detailed by other forum members above.

Also, please make sure to take a more positive and constructive tone in future posts. Tonally negative and incendiary statements like “Back up or your product or STFU” are not in line with our forum rules and guidelines and will result in disciplinary action, if necessary.

http://polymega.com/forums/topic/forum-rules-and-guidelines/

Profile photo of Joe Clark
    Joe Clark
    16-bit

Why would anyone want to post as hidden anonymous? Could it be disgruntled competition?

Polymega is working very hard to bring this console to us. I don’t think Polymega, or anyone for that matter, deserves such rudeness! Polymega needs our support, not your negativity.

Profile photo of doppelganger
    doppelganger
    16-bit

The poster is anonymous now but a search of cached pages via Google for instance reveals more…..

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by .
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.