Retro support

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Clessy
    Clessy
    16-bit

I know its all the rage to support hd this and hd that but, will this be an actual suitable replacement for the real consoles?

When I play retro  consoles I like playing them on my crt. Will their be any form of analog video output either, composite, svideo, component etc. Also will the console support real 4:3 or will it just be the game with forced black borders in a 16:9 setting?

Profile photo of Morsh Borsh
    Morsh Borsh
    16-bit

This would be good to know. Too many people are scared of 4:3 nowadays

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Many emulators use shaders of some sort,¬†and it is sitll a viable option for each module if you ask me. Don’t emulate the hardware if you can achieve identical results with emulation.

Profile photo of Clessy
    Clessy
    16-bit

Your comment makes absolutely no sense and has nothing to do with the context or content of what we’re talking about.

I can’t answer on the analog outputs, but per this interview it will support pixel perfect, 4:3 and 16:9 with virtual composite and RGB scanline modes:

Q&A: The Polymega with Bryan Bernal

How is upscaling handled?
    Upscaling is handled on the GPU of the Polymega. We render the frame at the original native resolution of the console then upscale it to whatever setting you have the system in on the Polymega at HD resolutions. This allows you to choose which way you want to view the game, including aspect ratios for pixel perfect, 4:3 and 16:9, as well as supporting virtual composite and RGB scanline modes on top of any of those aspect ratios.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.