Sega Saturn, Panasonic 3DO, and Atari Jaguar to Polymega

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Please bring Sega Saturn, Panasonic 3DO, and Atari Jaguar to the PolyMega.  It would be rellay cool to play these on a HD TV.

Profile photo of Lee Hibbs
    Lee Hibbs
    16-bit

This would be awesome

Profile photo of J Gall
    J Gall
    16-bit

My main vote would be JaguarCD, Jaguar, and 3DO in that order. Saturn would be nice, but I’d like Polymega to get on their feet first.

Profile photo of Arnold Chin
    Arnold Chin
    16-bit

I’d like to think that the Saturn had a big enough market (Japan at least) and library to warrant being a good viable choice for a disc-system to bring. I have to admit I’d have to do some homework to recall the Jaguar/CD & 3DO libraries.

Profile photo of Dario
    Dario
    16-bit

@Arnold its because the 3DO and Jaguar consoles were a failure in every territory whereas the Saturn was quite successful in Japan so it was supported more. Sega also obviously had some of the best games of all time retro and modern during the Saturn era so some of the arcade ports are supposedly great (Virtua Fighter 2 / Sega Rally). Whats more important is to get PS1 right though and I think they’d be better focusing their energy on that console above all others. Then Neo Geo, Sega CD, and if they have the courage Dreamcast and PS2.

Profile photo of Dario
    Dario
    16-bit

Actually not sure that focusing on PS1 is a good idea considering that the PS2 slim console had backwards compatibility with PS1 games, doesn’t need a step down transformer to function in cross territories, and is really light / in abundant supply so it can be shipped cheap across the world.  Not sure how complex Saturn or Dreamcast ‘hybrid’ emulation would be but might be a better placement of resources considering neither consoles are overly abundant, easy to ship or able to work on multiple voltages.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.