System Languages

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    16-bit

Good afternoon Polymega Team,

I’d like to know if you’re planning on including many languages to the system and which ones.

If you’d like to add Brazilian Portuguese, I’m sure I can help you with that. I tried to contact you guys long ago but received no response, unfortunately.

I’m looking forward to this project and your reply.

Keep up the excellent work!

Profile photo of POLYMEGA
    POLYMEGA
    Admin

Hi Mario

We did get your email and thanks for volunteering your services. We’ll have more information about this coming up, but since we know Brazil is a place full of love for classic games, support for Portuguese is in the localization plan. As I’m sure you can imagine, there is a significant amount of work involved in translating even a single language for Polymega’s UI, and more particularly, its game database (of which there are over 8,000 game entries across the various supported systems at launch).

At minimum, our goal is to complete the smaller set of user interface copy translated to Portuguese (possibly both standard and Brazilian Portuguese) for launch, even if the database game descriptions themselves remain in Japanese and English, which represents the bulk of the translation effort.

We’ll keep you posted as we get closer to release.

Best —

Profile photo of Mario
    Mario
    16-bit

Hi Polymega team,

Thank you very much for your reply and confirmation of my emails/messages’ receipt.

I’m very happy to know, as a retro gamer and collector, that you have plans for the Brazilian market. I’m pretty sure everyone in Brazil will love to know that.

I understand the huge amount of work in a translation project like yours and this is why I contacted the team, so that I could help you and be part of the project as well. If you’re still in need of professionals to help you with the first wave of translation services, such as the Polymega’s UI, please let me know. If not, I’ll be happy to help you in the future, when you’ll be translating the huge game’s description and database.

Since it can be included in future updates, it’s a kind of work that can be done in steps, just like you mentioned.

Thank you so much for your attention. Let’s keep in touch.

Looking forward to your reply and, in the future, any news on the system’s release.

Kind regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.