The Mysterious SNES "CDI" Demo

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of POLYMEGA
    POLYMEGA
    Admin

Here’s some quick footage of Polymega’s SNES Emulator running an old tech demo called “CDI”, supposedly from 1992. This interesting little demo has thrown us for a loop as we’ve been unable to reproduce the background effect on any other SNES emulator or hardware using a flash cart, but we’re missing some gear to test that conclusively. We currently don’t know if its a bug, or if its a feature.

So, if any hardcore SNES collectors out there have a working Super Wildcard System or equivalently “old” SNES development device, and want to help out the cause — we’d like to see if you can grab the demo in the link below, load it on to it’s media, and report back in the comments how it looks when you load it up. Meanwhile we’ll try to figure it out on our side. 🙂

Thanks in advance!

https://snescentral.com/article.php?id=1061

Profile photo of The_Rodzo
    The_Rodzo
    16-bit

I’ll try it with two different backup unit in a few hours and report back 😉

Profile photo of The_Rodzo
    The_Rodzo
    16-bit

Update: I wasn’t able to play the .sfc file  on any of my backup unit. I’m trying to find a way around.

I thought it was a problem of my swc or snes but I tried every possible combination of consoles and backup units, with what I have, to no avail. What I get after loading the rom is a black screen with no sound or picture, just solid black.

I tried to make floppy disks with other homebrew roms and demos and they work just fine.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.