What catridge sustems are supported

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Cody W
    Cody W
    16-bit

So will this system support all catridge games? Like Atari all models of carts, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Sega 32X, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, DS, advance, 3ds. The Game cards from Sega, TG16, and others if there is. Will it have a universal  catridge port or will each system have it’s own adapter box?

That one is in the description. The base unit has a CD drive and supports Sega CD, Neo-Geo CD, PS1, and TG CDs. Each expansion modules supports one cartridge type  – and right now that is A genesis/MD/32X, NES, SNES, TG16. As time goes one more modules will be released to support different cartridges, and updates will bring new CD support.

Profile photo of Cody W
    Cody W
    16-bit

Ok, I just feel like something is missing. Probably the portable system cartridges. As well Atari, Coleco, intellivision, Amiga?  SNK Neo Geo cartridges I thought were really part of that retro age golden years as well.

I think many of those are being planned for – but to paraphrase something I saw written: It depends on legality, interest, and availability of parts. They have mentioned they want to support as many game systems as they can. Their module design allows them to expand after the initial machine is launched. That is a big part of why I am so interested in the system.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by .
    Profile photo of J Gall
    J Gall
    16-bit

Amiga was mostly floppy-based, with only two CD-based models introduced later, the CDTV and 32CD. Unless an inexpensive USB-based floppy is supported, Amiga won’t have full support.

The original RetroBlox announcement included a 2600 module with potential 7800 support, but nothing further has been mentioned officially since then. And there have been some requests for Colecovision support. I just don’t know if the expansion modules could be supported, so it probably won’t have full support, though SGM support could be baked in like the SuperGrafx support in the TG16/PCE module.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.