What modules are you getting?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by 4 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Osborne
    Mark Osborne
    16-bit
    • As title says guys what modules are you getting, I am hopefully getting the 4 ,but at a push I may leave out the NES module I’ve never had one, I have the 3 super Mario carts but I can play those games on my NES mini
    Profile photo of Tyrannicus
    Tyrannicus
    16-bit

Here’s my thinking – I’m going to eventually get all the modules. Even if I only have 1 game for that system, or if I currently have none, $60 to essentially future-proof my collection possibilities is worth it to me. I normally drop the same amount on a console game, and these would allow me to expand my options in the future. If I’m at a garage sale or a retro game store and see games from a system that I normally don’t have, I can now get them with Polymega in mind. I also kind of see the modules themselves as collectibles, particularly with the nice storage/packaging Playmaji has created for them.

That said, at launch I’ll be getting the base unit, NES, SNES, and Genesis/32X modules. I don’t own any TG-16 cards yet, but I intend to get some and then the module. When the in-development Atari module comes out I’ll get that, though I may wait a bit on the Famicom module as I only have 1 game currently (SMB1, which is identical to the NES version).

Part of my goal for getting these modules is to “retire” some of my many systems hooked up to my HDTV. With these, I’ll be able to retire my RetroFreak, PSone and Sega CDX + 32X. Once they are able to add N64, Saturn and Dreamcast, my entertainment unit is going to look very slick and minimal with just Polymega, Gamecube, Wii U, and Switch.

Profile photo of Alchemus
    Alchemus
    16-bit

I want them all! But as a start, I’ll go with the SNES module. That’s the system I use the most between all the modules that will be available at launch.

Mark Osborne
    16-bit

I plan to get them all, but the NES is the one I’m not fussed on, I would like to get into the turbo graphx/pc engine and this is the best way to start, it will be nice to put some of my systems into retirement to preserve them,,what’s the retrofreak like I almost bought one but decided the polymega is what my money is going on

Profile photo of Tyrannicus
    Tyrannicus
    16-bit

RetroFreak is alright, certainly better than Retron5 in almost every way (I own both). In particular the cartridge ports don’t have an overly tight grip. My main beef with it is that its interface leaves a lot to be desired, and everything is geared to JP names, like SFC instead of SNES and PCE instead of TG16. Polymega should eventually be able to do everything it can with a much better interface and more intuituve features from the looks of it.

• This reply was modified 6 days, 19 hours ago by .
    Mark Osborne
    16-bit

I have ton of 2600 games but if I’m honest I can’t be bothered playing them although I do like me a bit of Adventure every now and again

Profile photo of yamigata
    yamigata
    16-bit

NES SNES Genesis, Turbo will have to wait. I don’t even have any games for it.

Profile photo of Acidbottle
    Acidbottle
    16-bit

snes, pc engine and eventually the 2600 modules, game prices for the 2600 in particular are dirt cheap just now. however, i suspect the price of retro games will sky rocket further if the polymega is a commercial success .. damn!

i hope the team can secure the rights to a a fair few games, particularly the neo geo ones which are in abundance on various consoles.

Profile photo of J Gall
    J Gall
    16-bit

I hope to get the base unit and all the modules. ┬áThen all I’ll need is time to play all those games.

I plan on getting the base unit, the NES, SNES/SFC and Gen/MD/32x modules. I don’t have games for the other systems that have a module so won’t be buying them at launch. Will probably do some research on the best games for each system, see about buying the games (or… obtaining them in some fashion…) and do a cost/benefit on whether it’s worth it.

If they do a Neo Geo/MVS, Saturn, and Dreamcast modules, I’m on that as well.

Though I have an OSSC and related cables/systems, getting a single system that I can just pop modules off and play is a bit more appealing in the long term…

Profile photo of Joel I
    Joel I
    16-bit

I’m getting all of them I already have money set aside for the pre-order.

Profile photo of Scott Bloom
    Scott Bloom
    16-bit

I’d get the SNES module first, since that’s the only system with games that I have.

Mark Osborne
    16-bit

I have the sd2snes and the mega everdrive x7 so I have to get the Danes and megadrive module lol, although I think I will have to get the original carts out for this machine, this may make me get the n7 and the turbo everdrive now

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.