Working Prototype modules/cd

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by 2 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mark Osborne
    Mark Osborne
    16-bit

Hey polymega I was wondering if you actually had working prototypes of other modules like the N64/2600/7800 and had other cd systems running but maybe for legal reasons or something else they can’t go into production yet…..just curious

Profile photo of POLYMEGA
    POLYMEGA
    Admin

There is not a working prototype of the N64 module yet, but we have worked with our partners to begin re-creation of the cartridge connectors. Atari has made some progress but the full module is not done (really just focused on the launch systems for now). The next modules available after release of the four launch systems are Atari 2600 and Famicom.

Profile photo of Mark Osborne
    Mark Osborne
    16-bit

Thanks for the reply, was just a bit curious tbh, keep up the good work and can’t wait until the preorder

@ admin Excellent news.

Typically how long do you anticipate the N64 module will take before being in a position to release?  (I understand it’s earpy days and the focus is on the launch) Just a ball park figure of the developmet time maybe? I wont hold you to anything?

Are you able to say if any development work on Dreamcast/Saturn emulation is underway?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by .
    Profile photo of Tyrannicus
    Tyrannicus
    16-bit

There is not a working prototype of the N64 module yet, but we have worked with our partners to begin re-creation of the cartridge connectors. Atari has made some progress but the full module is not done (really just focused on the launch systems for now). The next modules available after release of the four launch systems are Atari 2600 and Famicom.

This is great news! Will Atari 2600 also play 7800? It seems like that would be a logical combination given the backwards compatibility and same controller ports the 7800 had.

Profile photo of J Gall
    J Gall
    16-bit

@Polymega Hooray for the 2600 module resurfacing!  I too would like to have 7800 support, maybe even with built-in High Score support (there was an optional High Score Cartridge available).

I know it’s early, but how would games that utilized the extra RAM pack on N64 handle? Also, would the modual come native with 4 Controller ports, or would you scale down?

Profile photo of Tyrannicus
    Tyrannicus
    16-bit

I’m sure they’ll include all 4 controller ports. As for the expansion pack, they’d probably have it’s capabilities built in on their module from the start.

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    16-bit

This is a really weird request, but are there any plans to support the og Xbox? Just wondering because I recently fried one of my old Xbox transistors and I’m looking for a replacement.

They’ve stated they have no plans to support the xbox. Dreamcast is the highest they’re going. (Or so they plan).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.