May 03, 2022
SYSTEM UPDATE V1.1.20 NOW AVAILABLE
System Update v1.1.20 is now available. Please use the System Update button in the System settings to get the latest version. Please note that you can find the content of previous System Software Updates in the changelog.
- Added ability to swap in Audio CD's while playing disc games, allowing games like Monster Rancher/モンスターファーム (PS1) and Vib Ribbon/ビブリボン (PS1) to work as originally designed, generating game content based on Audio CD data. To use this feature, use the "Console > Insert Audio CD" option in the In-Game Menu while the game prompts you to insert an Audio CD. You can also add custom soundtracks to games which supported such features on the original systems, such as Ridge Racer (PS1).
- Added Audio CD player which identifies your CD, including providing album art, track metadata, and more (Internet Connection Required for album art and metadata).
- Added Audio player for games which use Red Book Audio (PCECD/TGCD, SCD/MCD, NGCD, SS, PS1). Games that do not feature Red Book Audio will not have an Audio Player option in the Play menu.
- Added functionality to override Polymega's background music with a track from an Audio CD or from an installed CD game that features Red Book Audio.
- Added improved XDELTA CD game patching, which fixes several previously not working games. You can now change between Scheme 1 and Scheme 2 patching.
- Added support for Sufami Turbo, SPC7110, and OBC-1 based cartridges on EM02 Super Module.
- Added video option to force Full RGB color range.
- Added Emergency Factory Reset mode. Initiate it by holding down the CD Eject button while booting Polymega. This will restore your system to its factory state, and delete all installed and collected games, so proceed with caution.
- Added Self-healing data integrity checks to fix issues that may come up if Polymega crashes. In the event one of these issues occurs, you will see a boot screen informing you of the error, and what it is doing to recover. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Added ability to re-order games inside of a playlist.
- Added Power Saving options. You can set how long Polymega is inactive before blanking or dimming the screen (depending on what action you select). Polymega will go into power save mode until you use the control pad.
- Added an option to disable the default screenshot shortcut (Settings > Controllers).
- Added option to disable the default button swap (Confirm/Cancel, etc...) when in Japan & Asia region (Settings > Controllers).
- Added new warning when user tries to start game with game state that is older than game save data.
- Added ability to pin a value for a specific filter in the grid view for database and collection modes. This allows you to further narrow your database searches by more than one filter option.
- Added a System Information screen which includes details on your system and module firmware version, and more.
- Added ability to use L1/R1 to jump to the beginning and end of Playlists.
- Fixed a rare crash which sometimes occurs when a CD is inserted while trying to play a game that is installed.
- Fixed Arkanoid controls for Famicom/NES.
- Fixed TMNT 2 and further improved game cartridge recognition on EM01 Power Module.
- Fixed NHL '98, Zero Wing (JP/EU), Zany Golf, Ultracore on EM03 Mega Module.
- Fixed Night Creatures on EM04 Turbo Module.
- Fixed Extended Set Multidisc CD games that have been manually resolved using the database so that they reflect proper disc number.
- Fixed issue where if you cancel background installation, sometimes the CD icon would disappear until you ejected and re-inserted a CD.
- Fixed text position on System Update screen for certain languages.
- Fixed erratic UI behavior when ejecting an element module with a controller plugged in and registered.
- Fixed superfluous confirmation clicking sounds when interacting with the UI.
- Fixed Virtual Keyboard character selection wrap-around.
- Fixed various issues with SNES patching.
- Fixed issue where some discs would be ejected prematurely toward the end of an install. If you have undamaged CD games that wouldn't install previously, please try installing them again.
- Fixed an issue where game titles would not auto-scroll when when creating a title for an extended set game.
- Fixed an issue where some scrolling text would incorrectly wrap to the next line.
- Fixed a database issue which could sometimes result in a crash.
- Fixed issue where button legends in system menu would sometimes show incorrectly after playing a game.
- Fixed rare issue where some game discs would crash Richter.
- Fixed issue when leaving keypad from the top leaves that key selected the next time you go into the keypad.
- Fixed several box art images that were not displayed correctly.
- Fixed issue on details page where description text and any game tile rows underneath could be positioned incorrectly after exiting a game session with Game Database Recommendations disabled.
- Fixed incorrect button legends on some HUD elements when using 2-button controllers.
- Fixed an issue where the home screen could wind up at the incorrect scroll position after removing games and controllers.
- Fixed a rare issue which could cause certain CD games to fail to play, even if they are compatible with Polymega.